Follow us

Header Ads

XPS 15 9570 touchpad not recognized as Precision Touchpad


This is a repost of a post I made on Reddityesterday, but I received very little reaponse, see https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/9678ef/xps_15_9570_touchpad_not_recognized_as_precision/ Ihope someone here is able to help.I received my new XPS 15 9570, but thetouchpad is not recognized as a precision touchpad by Windows No gestures areavailable, not even two finger scrolling. It appears as a PS/2 Compatible Mousein device manager. Following the solution in this post https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/8w03h6/touchpad_drivers_for_xps_15_9570/ Iinstalled the HID Event Filter driver. This did not work for me.I have been in touch with Dell support andtried many different touchpad drivers to no avail. I'm currently using an olderSynaptics driver that does enable gestures, but my settings are reset on boot.The solution given here https://appuals.com/synaptics-touchpad-loses-settings-after-reboot/ doesnot work for me. The DWORD did not even exist, so I created it myself to checkif it worked.I have ensured that all drivers are up todate, with the exception of "I2C HID Device" on location "onIntel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - A369". Hardware ID isACPI\VEN_SYNA&DEV_2393, and status is "This device cannotstart. (Code 10) A request for the HID descriptor failed." I mentionedthis to the Dell support assistant, and he thinks it is most likely the missingtouch screen which I did not order for my laptop.I did a Windows 10 reset at the advice of theDell representative, but it did not fix my problem. He believes it is asoftware/driver issue and it might be fixed with a Windows update at somepoint. The other solution would be to have a technician replace my touchpad,but he does not think this likely to work.At this point I am at a loss. I love my newXPS 15, but I also really want my touchpad to work correctly. Should I wait itout or have the touchpad replaced immediately? I believe I can have thetouchpad replaced under warranty at a later point if the issue does notresolve.
http://www.raminfotech.net


Post a Comment

0 Comments